|Salary||£28 – 35k plus benefits|
Our client, a leading full service conference and event management company, is looking for a Conference Manager to support the efficient and effective delivery of an annual portfolio of conferences and exhibitions and association management services.
You will need to be very customer orientated with excellent communication skills. Your strong management, administrative and organisational skills, along with experience in dealing with all levels of stakeholders, will demonstrate you have the ability to manage a variety of tasks in an accurate and timely manner to meet event deadlines. You will thrive in a pressured environment, have the ability to prioritise a heavy workload and have keen attention to detail. You should have good numeracy, written and verbal communications skills. You will be skilled in Excel, Word, Outlook and social media platforms and be comfortable in learning new software packages to support the delivery of our services. More than anything you need to be enthusiastic, conscientious and a reliable team player with a can-do attitude and a hardworking approach.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of around 3 events, with a 3 year lead time. You will need to have experience of abstract submission and it is likely you will have a background in the academic, health or scientific conferences/events world.
Typical activities include:
• liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements and understanding how to develop their event or society/association
• providing a supportive secretariat service for committees • producing detailed plans for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
• agreeing to and managing a budget
• managing scientific programmes and abstract submissions
• securing and booking suitable venues and hotels • ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
• coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
• organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
• identifying and securing speakers or special guests
• planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations
• coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings
• managing sponsorship/stand/exhibition sales to potential exhibitors/partners
• preparing delegate packs and papers
• liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event
• liaising with clients and designers to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures
• coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
• overseeing the dismantling and closure of the event and clearing the venue efficiently
• post-event evaluation (including analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders)
|Please send your CV, together with a cover letter stating which job you are applying for, to email@example.com|