We are looking for a Head of PR & Communications for a top 100 law firm based in Guildford. They operate a unique consultancy model. The firm has seen growth year on year and this is an opportunity to join their inhouse marketing team created in 2012 which has been growing ever since!
The firm has recently taken another round of investment which is focused heavily on digital and is an exciting time for anyone looking to join an ambitious growing team. The team has won many industry awards and prides itself on being at the forefront of legal technology. They strongly believe that it is the people which make the business, and have a strong focus on culture and wellbeing.
- Take responsibility for enhancing and protecting the reputation of the firm with internal and external audiences, as well as highlighting the company purpose, vision and mission.
- Ensure a consistent narrative across our audiences, e.g. internal, consultant, client.
- Build and manage press and journalist relationships, including proactive and reactive opportunities, as well as handling press and media enquiries.
- Use trends, data and insights to build relationships with journalists and proactively secure coverage that demonstrates the quality of the company’s services.
- Identify engaging storytelling angles that amplify the brand.
- Support and empower the broader marketing team, work with them to promote key initiatives, customer wins, product innovations, social impact programs, and the brand platform.
- Work with the leadership team to develop and execute executive visibility programs that incorporate speaking engagements, awards and social content.
- Regular reporting on news, media intelligence and monitoring.
- Manage the Internal Communications to ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to develop and implement an approach to help embed organisational goals and values.
- Support marketing team with the development and delivery of content, in particular on LinkedIn.
- Ensure alignment of internal communications messages with broader company external messaging.
- Support with the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation.
- Copywriting skills: You need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Speaking skills: Confidence and a can-do approach to present ideas to the broader team regularly.
- Interpersonal skills: You need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills to support comms, marketing, HR and senior stakeholders.
- Creative and digital skills: You need the creative ability to devise communication strategies and help bring these to life via digital channels.
- Confidence using Google, MS, etc. is essential.
Experience and Expertise
- Expertise developing PR and communications plans aligning internal, external and stakeholder communications against business priorities.
- Understanding of how to use data and research to create stories and build a narrative.
- Experience building integrated marketing communications programs, across traditional media, digital and social channels.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- As well as a self-starter, who is comfortable with autonomy and is able to work independently as needed.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- The salary for this role is £60,000
- 22 days, rising to 27 with long service
- Private Health Insurance
- Free breakfast and lunch in the onsite company restaurant
- Gym in the onsite company
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hybrid working