Is gardening a real passion? Would you love to combine your PR/Media Relations skills with your love of plants and gardening to get the best out of your career?
We are looking for a Media Relations Manager. You will make a positive contribution to the business and this is ideal for someone with membership organisation or trade association experience but it is your professional skills that will really be the key. You’ll be someone ready to make their mark and have the gravitas to be autonomous, take ownership of the PR offering and be driven and motivated.
- Managing the Media and Press Office function within the Public Affairs and Policy team.
- Daily media monitoring and reporting on relevant items.
- Support development of media and press aspects of the Public Affairs and Policy annual budget, working with the Public Affairs and Policy Manager to ensure accuracy.
- Actively monitoring and maintaining the budget throughout the year
- Draft and implement a strategic plan of media and press relations (policy focused), setting KPIs and measures of success.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with national and trade journalists, other trade body and stakeholder (NGOs) comms counterparts and government press offices
- Managing the Media Office with external agency support
- Draft, oversee and review news and announcement management for policy related comms, for a variety of communications channels.
- Taking a proactive and collaborative approach to planning crisis communications
- Establish and manage the media spokesperson panel, providing regular media training support
- Present to member groups and committees on media and press engagement
- Travel to member sites to build knowledge and understanding of their businesses to help inform and influence our communications approach.
- Managing the CRM
Salary is up to £45k Hybrid working with two days a week in the office. Benefits include a pension from day one, generous holiday plus the ability to buy more days, healthcare which can be tailored to your needs, various discount schemes, life insurance and more.