Our client is a rapidly growing renewable energy organisation. They are at the forefront of their field and it’s a really interesting time to be able to join this team. They’re not a large faceless corporate.
Having had a PR agency on board they are keen to bring the PR in house. This role reports to the Head of Marketing and you will work closely with the CEO. The CEO is very much on board with what PR can deliver for the business so you will have that senior level backing and rapport. You will also work closely with the Social Media team.
In this role you will:
– Develop a PR and marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget, and tactics seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online media across national, local and trade/specialist press
– Develop an ‘always on’ media relations strategy to deliver sustained engagement to build brand profile and leadership and develop a clear narrative to communicate the proposition, milestones, projects, partnerships and thought leadership through a multi-media approach.
– Develop an end-to-end communications strategy encompassing drafting media & digital content for target audiences, crafting strong narratives backed by evidence, engaging media to secure coverage and reach, communicating milestones and announcements and amplifying thought leadership & marketing activities.
– Deliver thought leadership opportunities, highlighting opportunities to showcase collaborations with partners, building digital presence and an online community and industry specific campaigns and targeted influencer engagement.
– Develop issue-led media hooks capitalising on issues that can provide a platform for media and social media engagement.
– Direct the social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
– Leverage existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within business and industry media, managing all media inquiries and interview requests.
– Create content for press releases, by-line articles and keynote presentations.
– Achieve targeted national, local and trade/specialist media coverage through corporate milestones to provide valuable touchpoints for media and social media to engage in key audiences.
In terms of experience, you will have:
– Proven experience of working in Public Relations & Communications in the energy
– Experience within an energy business environment – renewables energy highly desirable, energy essential!
– Experience in delivering media releases and pitches, targeted media lists, narrative documents, outreach to key titles and media opportunity management, to achieve media coverage, targets and sentiments.
– External affairs experience and a firm understanding of the renewables sector, local and national policies, legislation, and regulatory landscape.
– Proven track record designing and executing successful Public Relations campaigns at both a local and national level.
– Strong relationships with both local, national, trade, business, and specialist industry media outlets.
– Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
– Exceptional writing and editing skills.
– Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You will receive all the usual benefits alongside some really amazing softer benefits like an EV car scheme, premium gym membership, retirement planning and even a 30% bonus!